Society unnecessarily compartmentalizes parts of our life: work (9-5 Mon-Fri), family (evening and weekend), health and gym (e.g. twice a week after work), spare time (e.g. 2h before bed), holidays (1 month in August).
What you could do instead:
- Integrate work with what you like, and integrate work with your spare time
- Integrate health as part of your daily life, not just every other day (e.g. cycle to work, or do a push-up, weight whilst waiting for code to compile, or colleague being late);
- Start a business with a friend to ingrate friends with work;
- Don’t just live during holiday, try to integrate the good part of a holiday into daily life;
- Have a small gym in the house to do quick workout whilst doing something else;
- Try to make your spare time as close as possible to your daily life;
- Split a 60 minutes twice-a-week workout into a less-than-20-minutes daily one.
Ask yourself what areas of your life are not integrated, and take an action to integrate them (e.g. )
(inspired by Tai Lopez Step 8 – The Integrated Good Life & The Four Pillars of Eudaimonia)