Inspired by this video
- You can’t make everyone happy. Some people attached to their status. Waste of energy;
- There’ll be people that will criticise, hate and judge you about everything, mainly because they are not happy with themselves, for almost any reason. Ignore those, what matter are the people you care about;
- You’ll never be perfect. Perfectionist mentality creates lots of suffering;
- Expensive objects and external situations (buy a new car, getting a job, graduate, winning a competition, moving to a place) will only give you short-term gratification, but not happiness. With time you’ll take any object for granted. Telling us that “once I have X then I’ll be happy” is a huge lie to ourselves. Happiness comes from the inside, not the outside. Good news is that we have control over it, we can shift focus to what we are happy about, meditate (still not able to do that), smile, so that you can be happy at the present;
- Sad to say, but you’ll start to live to the fullest when you know you are dying. Time is limited. Try achieving the best experience from it. Don’t waste time on limitations, fears. Experience the best life has to offer. Use the time you have for things that matters to you, either spending with family, friends, or achieving goals you really want to achieve. Stop wasting time on things that don’t matter. Have fun as well, but there should be a purpose behind it.